Project development manager
This is an opportunity to join an ambitious and changing network organisation within the Swedish-Danish Life Science cluster Medicon Valley.
Medicon Valley Alliance (MVA) is looking to recruit a talented and organised Senior development manager to help us develop the collaboration between academia, the health care system and the industry.
As a non-profit member organization, MVA carry out initiatives on behalf of the life science community in the capital region of Denmark and the southern part of Sweden, with the goal of creating new research and business opportunities within the region. MVA is acting as a facilitator for cross-border projects and collaborations between our members. Besides that, MVA is every year organizing approximately 20 events to provide a platform for our members to meet and network across sectors and national borders.
You will be part of a small team of colleagues from both Denmark and Sweden. Working closely with the CEO and the rest of the team, you will be responsible for strengthening the organization’s role as facilitator of cross border collaboration between academia, clinic and industry based on regional strongholds. This includes stimulating new partnerships, innovation processes as well as facilitating working groups and taking the role as project manager. You should also be willing to, together with the rest of the team, help organizing and executing events to ensure that MVA delivers top quality scientific networking opportunities to its members.
Your key responsibilities
- Map, prioritize and coordinate project development activities according to the MVA strategy
- Identify funding sources and prepare project proposals
- Facilitate cross-border working groups within scientific strongholds
- Contribute to life science strategies on a regional as well as national level
- Identify collaboration opportunities between the healthcare sectors in Sweden/Denmark
- Interact with MVA members to clearly understand needs and expectations
- Represent MVA in various working groups, events and conferences
- Relevant academic background
- Life science experience
- Demonstrates excellent project management skills
- Ability to simultaneously lead various projects
- Experience in leading and managing working groups and vision processes
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Good team player with a positive and flexible approach to work
- Be self-motivated, originate ideas, positively influence outcome, take action and get things done
Medicon Valley Alliance is a Danish-Swedish life science cluster organization representing the entire life science community in the Medicon Valley region consisting of the Danish capital area of Copenhagen and the south Swedish region of Skåne. On behalf of its more than 250 members, including universities, hospitals and private pharmaceutical, medtech and biotech companies, Medicon Valley Alliance, carry out and promotes collaboration initiatives and network events in order to create new research and business opportunities and strengthen the development of the region. The European Secretariat for Cluster Analysis (ESCA) has recently awarded Medicon Valley Alliance with the Cluster Management Excellence GOLD Label – Proven for Cluster Excellence.
For further information, please contact CEO Petter Hartman +45 2371 5577 or PA to CEO Nicole Mastrell +45 61 41 86 34. Please mail your application to firstname.lastname@example.org a.s.a.p., but no later than February 21st, as interviews will be held continuously.