Intellectual property represents the core value proposition of innovative companies, and none more so than life science and MedTech companies. The investment needed to develop and bring products to market in this sector can often only be justified when the protection available ensures exclusivity.
But what is a good IP strategy, how can this be evaluated and how can it be improved? How do you approach collaborations and ensure that you minimise risk?
Hosted by Potter Clarkson and DanBAN, this session aims to cover these points with experts in the field, with a particular focus on the importance of the US market.
The session should be of interest to investors and key stakeholders involved with life science and MedTech companies, particularly those with an interest in learning more about the key issues to look for during the IP due diligence and possible action plans following investment.
Date: Thursday 1st of December, 2022
Time: 14:45 – 17:45
Venue: Potter Clarkson A/S, Havnegade 39, Copenhagen 1058
- 14:45 – 15:00: Welcome networking
- 15:00 – 15:45: Presentation on IP strategy for a life science company – how to ensure the IP protects the investment
- 15:45 – 16:30: Presentation on IP licensing and collaborations – best practice and common pitfalls
- 16:30 – 16:45: Networking break
- 16:45 – 17:45: Panel discussion on IP due diligence, experiences and pitfalls (Fiona Law – Potter Clarkson, Peter Horn Møller – Marigold Innovation, Benny Buchardt Andersen – Marigold Innovation, Johan Raud – Vicore Pharma AB)
- 17:45 onwards: Networking drinks and snacks