Enhancing scientific cooperation in the Baltic Sea region: infrastructures as the drivers of innovation, cooperation and interdisciplinarity
- Symposium will be held for researchers, large- and small-scale research infrastructures and their users, and industry in the Photon and Neutron Science in the Baltic Sea Region.
- The Symposium consist of two parts: an international online conference and hackathon.
- The online conference (1st part of the Symposium) with its speakers and presentations will help the participants to generate/develop collaboration ideas about how research could be carried out in traditional and ‘novel’ ways of using photons and neutrons as methods. The ideas shared and generated during the online conference will be further elaborated on and developed during the hackathon.
- The online hackathon (2nd part of the Symposium) will support the participants in the matchmaking process and facilitate the formation of joint ideas for collaboration. The hackathon will result in preparation and submission of draft proposals for cooperation projects
- Please note that there are limited number of places available for the participants. Participants from the Baltic Sea Region are especially encouraged to participate and will be preferred in case of full booking.
- The online conference and hackathon will be a part of testing and evaluation to find out how does the selected method for facilitating research collaboration work. The participants will have a unique opportunity to contribute to testing and evaluation of this innovative online approach through participation and personal feedback. This feedback is valuable for the policymakers and funding agencies for their future activities in the field of RD&I.
Date: The Symposium will take place in two parts:
1st part: online conference on October 26 – short inspiring presentations by the speakers from the research community, research facilities and industry sector
2nd part: online hackathon on October 27-29 – innovative approach to facilitating research collaboration and developing project ideas
The deadline for registration is October 14.
Researchers, research infrastructures and industry in the field of Photon and Neutron Science
- New ideas, perspectives, methods and information
- Widening the user base
- Meeting relevant stakeholders
- Professional guidance, coaching and support
- Testing innovative approach to research collaboration
The Symposium will take place within the framework of the INTERREG Baltic Science Network project „BSN_Powerhouse“ as the first step of an innovative 3-step approach called LaunchPad designed to facilitate research cooperation in the field of Photon and Neutron Science.