NetworksCompetence Council Life Science
WELCOME TO COMPETENCE COUNCIL LIFE SCIENCE!
Region Skåne and the Swedish Public Employment Service (Arbetsförmedlingen) work together with cluster organizations and trade associations to support the supply of future competences in the Medicon Valley region across a range of industries. This has in turn led to the establishment of a number of Competence Councils.
At the request of Region Skåne and the Swedish Public Employment Service, Medicon Valley Alliance is taking the lead in establishing and managing a Competence Council within the life science sector.
The objectives of the Competence Council Life Science are to:
- Establish a forum for long-term collaboration between business, academia, government and non-profit organizations focusing on skills provision
- Analyse the regional stakeholders’ needs for specific competences within life science
- Identify the skills mismatch between industry competence requirements and the supply of competences delivered by the regions’ academic systems
- Present proposals and methods that would support and secure the supply of competences in-demand by industry from a Medicon Valley perspective
- Ensure a continuous coordination between regional and national efforts within skills provision
- The Competence Council Life Science is based on close collaboration with Region Skåne, the Swedish Public Employment Service, Multihelix, and representatives from industry, academia, and trade unions.
On the initiative of the Competence Council Lifescience, the report Greater Copenhagen Lifescience Analysis was released in November 2020. The report is highlighting the need for Lifescience competencies in the region to support the development of the integrated labor market in Medicon Valley. The report is available for download here.
The work in the Competence Council Lifescience has up until the end of 2020 gathered a number of stakeholders from the public sector, academia and industry to work on the above objectives to support the supply of future competences in the Medicon Valley region. In 2021 the working group is considering options for continuing the efforts within the Competence Council Lifescience.
For more information, please contact Petter Hartman: firstname.lastname@example.org